The perfect winter warmer.
– Serves: 3-4
– Preparation time: 15 Minutes
– Cooking time: 135 Minutes
Nutrition per serving: 517 cals, 18.5g fat, of which 5.6g saturated fat, 10.6g added sugar, 0.38g salt
- 750g Silverside Beef Joint
- 250ml Beef Stock
- 300ml red wine
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 onions
- 3 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Season the Silverside Beef Joint well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, then add the joint and brown it on all sides. Put it in a casserole dish (making sure it’s large enough to fit the joint and all the vegetables).
- Cut the celery sticks and carrots into chunks, quarter the onions and cut the parsnips into quarters lengthways.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the frying pan then brown the vegetables. Arrange them around the joint in the casserole pot.
- Crush and add the garlic cloves, red wine, Beef Stock, bay leaves and dried oregano to the casserole and bring to the boil.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Cover the casserole with a lid and cook in the oven for 2 hours, turning the meat over halfway.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve the joint sliced with the vegetables and some mashed potato.