Healthier than your average lasagne, this speedy, low-fat version of the Italian classic is delicious
– Serves: 4
– Preparation time: 10 Minutes
– Cooking time: 30 Minutes
Nutrition per serving: 480 cals, 13.5g fat, of which 5.6g saturated fat, 19.3g added sugar, 1.9g salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2½ teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 500g extra lean steak mince
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 600g Italian passata with basil
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets (cut the 4th sheet lengthways into 3 strips)
- 1 x 650g tub natural cottage cheese
- 50g mature white cheese, grated
- 1 x 75g pack young leaf salad
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas 6. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion for 5 minutes, until soft, adding in the garlic and 1 teaspoon herbs for the last minute.
- Add in the beef and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato purée and passata, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon a third of the beef mixture into a 24cm square ovenproof dish. Cover with 1 sheet of pasta and 1 of the pasta strips, then top with a third of the cottage cheese. Repeat the process twice, finishing with the remaining cottage cheese.
- Top with the grated cheese and sprinkle over the remaining 1½ teaspoons dried herbs. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until bubbling. Serve with the salad.