A comforting combination of saucy pork with mashed potatoes
– Serves: 4
– Preparation time: 15 Minutes
– Cooking time: 20 Minutes
Nutrition per serving: 523 cals, 18.2g fat, of which 7.9g saturated fat, 8.7g added sugar, 1.64g salt
- 800g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 50ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 460g pack pork leg escalopes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 x rashers of thick cut, dry cured smoked bacon (rind removed and discarded), cut into small pieces
- ½ x 400g pack mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ x 20g pack parsley sauce mix
- 300ml chicken stock, hot (made using 1 stock cube)
- 100g basics soft cheese
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes. Drain and mash with the milk, until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat half of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the pork over a medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the onion, bacon and mushrooms for 5 minutes over a medium heat, until golden.
- Return the pork to the pan and stir in the garlic, and the parsley sauce mix. Gradually add the stock, stirring all the while, and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir through the cream cheese.
- Divide between plates and serve with the mash.
Make it veggie
Instead of using pork, cook 200g falafels by Sainsbury’s to pack instructions. Also add 140g pack Taste the Difference exotic mushrooms to step 3 of the cooking method. Serve the falafels on the mash, topped with the creamy mushroom mixture.