Kids will love these nutritious homemade fish fingers and they can easily help to make them, too.
– Serves: 4
– Preparation time: 10 Minutes
– Cooking time: 45 Minutes
Nutrition per serving: 541 cals, 18.8g fat, of which 4.7g saturated fat, 10g added sugar, 0.5g salt
- 400g salmon fillets
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 500g), peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white potato (about 250g)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 80g breadcrumbs
- 200g British frozen garden peas
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas 6. Place the salmon, lemon zest, mixed herbs and sweet potato cubes on a baking tray. Drizzle over the olive oil and mix well. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove the salmon and return the tray to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the potato in a pan of cold water,bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Flake the salmon into pieces, then gently mix with the mash. Shape into 12 fish fingers. Dip each into the flour, followed by the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray and grill for 10 minutes, until the breadcrumbs start to turn golden.
- Meanwhile, boil the peas for 2 minutes. Drain and serve with the fish fingers and sweet potato cubes.