Spread leftover refried beans on whole-wheat toast and top with salsa and cheese for an easy breakfast that has plenty of staying power.
– Serves: 1
– Preparation time: 10 Minutes
– Cooking time: 1 Minutes
Nutrition per serving: 123 calories; 3 g fat ( 2 g sat , 1 g mono ); 6 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 392 mg sodium; 222 mg potassium.
- 2 tablespoons canned nonfat refried beans
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon prepared salsa
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese, such as Mexican blend or Jack
- Spread beans on toast. Top with salsa, then cheese. Microwave on High until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, about 45 seconds.