Succulent chicken meatballs, accompanied with Mediterranean minted couscous for the whole family.
– Serves: 4
– Preparation time: 25 Minutes
– Cooking time: 30 Minutes
Nutrition per serving: 617 cals, 22.9g fat, of which 3.9g saturated fat, 16.9g added sugar, 0.64g salt
- 500g Chicken Mince
- 3 tablespoons Moroccan-style tagine paste
- 200g couscous
- 2 x 390ml cartons chopped tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- Half 28g pack fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flat bread
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan. Grate the carrots and finely chop the onion and fry for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Put the carrots and onion into a large mixing bowl, add the Chicken Mince, 2 tablespoons of the tagine paste and half the fresh mint, chopped.
- Season and mix everything together well. Shape the mixture into 20 meatballs, add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and cook the meatballs until golden.
- Remove from the pan and add the chopped tomatoes and another tablespoon of the tagine paste to the frying pan. Stir together and season.
- Put the meatballs back into the sauce, and simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the pack instructions and stir through the remainder of the chopped mint. Serve the meatballs with the minty couscous, some griddled flat bread and lemon wedges