Rhubarb cooked with a little honey and orange liqueur makes a bright, tangy “sauce” to toss with grapes, melon, mango and strawberries.
– Servings: 8
– Preparation time: 25 Minutes
– Cooking time: 15 Minutes
Nutrition per serving: 90 calories; 0 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 8 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 278 mg potassium.
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 1/2 cups halved red or green grapes
- 1 1/2 cups small honeydew or cantaloupe melon balls or pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango or strawberries
- Bring rhubarb, honey and Grand Marnier (or Cointreau) to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is just beginning to break down, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate for about 15 minutes to cool.
- Stir grapes, melon and mango (or strawberries) into the rhubarb mixture. Serve or return to the refrigerator to chill further.