The tangy crème fraîche contrasts perfectly with the smoked salmon.
– Serves: 4
– Preparation time: 10 Minutes
– Cooking time: 15 Minutes
Nutrition per serving: 579 cals, 15.5g fat, of which 6.6g saturated fat, 14.5g added sugar, 1.39g salt
- 400g spaghetti
- 300g garden peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 300g peppers, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 200ml half-fat crème fraîche
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 x 120g smoked salmon trimmings
- Cook the spaghetti following pack instructions, adding the peas for the last 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion, peppers and garlic for 6-8 minutes, until softened and turning golden.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 4 tablespoons of the water. Stir through the crème fraîche, lemon juice, reserved water and most of the lemon zest, until the pasta is well coated.
- Toss through the salmon trimmings, onion and pepper. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper, sprinkle over the remaining lemon zest and serve.
Make it veggie:
try swapping the smoked salmon for 200g basics Greek-style cheese.