When roasted in a hot oven, chickpeas become super crunchy. They’re a great low-fat substitute for nuts when salty cravings hit.
– Servings: 4
– Preparation time: 5 Minutes
– Cooking time: 30 Minutes
Nutrition per serving: 103 calories; 5 g fat ( 0 g sat , 3 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 303 mg sodium; 2 mg potassium.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Blot chickpeas dry and toss in a bowl with oil, cumin, marjoram, allspice and salt. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring once or twice, until browned and crunchy, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.