A fragrant and spicy combination of potatoes and tomatoes… delicious!
– Serves: 2
– Preparation time: 5 Minutes
– Cooking time: 20 Minutes
– Nutrition per serving: 566 cals, 42g fat, of which 6g saturated fat, 6g added sugar, 0.2g salt
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 5 tablespoons ghee or corn oil
- 2 tablespoons black mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons white mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon nigella seeds (black onion seeds)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 750g potatoes, cooked and cut in half lengthways
- Lightly brown the fennel and cumin seeds in a small frying pan without any oil for few minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and keep to one side.
- Heat the ghee in the saucepan until it is hot, then add the black and white mustard seeds, nigela and sesame seeds. Cover for 15 seconds until the seeds pop.
- Reduce the heat, add the chopped chilli, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, ground cumin, coriander, garam masala, fenugreek and turmeric and continue to cook for 1 minute stirring constantly to prevent the spices from burning.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add the cooked potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Serve.