This vegetarian one pan dish is brimming with potatoes, onions and cheese.
– Serves: 4
– Preparation time: 15 Minutes
– Cooking time: 35 Minutes
– Nutrition per serving: 559 cals, 35.5g fat, of which 12.9g saturated fat, 11.8g added sugar, 1.1g salt
- 1kg basics salad potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 9 family free-range eggs, beaten
- 135g British mild Cheddar, finely grated
- 500g frozen chopped spinach, defrosted in microwave and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 x 450g pack basics tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 x 1kg pack frozen broccoli florets
- 350g basics courgettes, cubed
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, until tender, then drain and slice thickly.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 23cm frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5–10 minutes, until soft, adding the garlic for the last minute. In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs with half the cheese. Add the onion, garlic, potato and spinach, and stir gently to coat all the vegetables.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the frying pan. Pour in the tortilla mixture and top with the tomatoes. Sprinkle over the remaining 67.5g cheese and cook over a low heat for 12 minutes, until the bottom has set.
- Meanwhile, boil the broccoli and courgettes for 3–4 minutes, then drain. Preheat the grill to hot.
- Place the frittata pan under the grill for 5 minutes, until the egg is cooked through. Cut into 4 and serve with the broccoli and courgettes.