A spicy classic, with a delicious turkey twist
-Preparation time: 15 Minutes
-Cooking time: 20-25 Minutes
-Nutrition per serving: 684 cals, 14.6g fat, of which 2.4g saturated fat, 22.8g added sugar, 0.76g salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400g stir fry turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ x pack basics peppers, deseeded and chopped
- ½ x 400g pack basics mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ x 50g pack chilli con carne spice mix
- 250ml chicken stock (made using ½ a stock cube)
- 400g tin basics peeled tomatoes
- 300g basics long grain rice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the turkey, onion, pepper and mushrooms over a medium heat for 12 minutes, until golden.
- Stir through the garlic and the chilli con carne mix. Add the stock and the tomatoes, breaking up the tomatoes a little with the back of a spoon. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice, according to pack instructions. Divide the rice between 4 bowls and top with the chilli. Serve immediately.
Make it veggie
Try swapping the turkey for sweet potato. Chop the sweet potato into bite-size cubes, drizzle with oil and roast in a hot oven for 35 minutes, until tender. Stir into the chilli a few minutes before the end of cooking time.